97 xp starting issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

allg32

Ok i bought this 97 xp and it will not start or turn over,with the switch no click from the soleniod, nothing. I did short across the solenoid and it does turn over, I did that when buying it to check compression and make sure motor wasnt locked up. I have checked the start button and it is good, all fuses in the forward electrical box are good, i replaced all of them just for good measure. I have checked the Dess post and get 0 ohms on all tests except for when the lanyard is attached. this is where it get dicey, i get 0.8 when i have my black lead on the black/yellow wire and red lead on the black wire, when i switch them to black on black wire and red on black yellow then i get 1.8. I get no beeps when i plug the lanyard but it could just be the beeper is not working. So with these results is my post bad? Can I take the one off of my gsx and try it to see if it actually is bad?I feel like a kindergardener when it comes to electrical issues lol. Are there any other fuses I need to check?

any help is greatly appreciated

Yes it was the solenoid, didn't click or anything when the start button was pressed but pulled the one out of my GSX just to double check and started right up

Alright thanks. I didnt mean to take over your thread. Just wanted to see what possible things i could try since mine is doing the same thing.

No problem wish I coulda helped more. Have you tried jumping across the terminals on the solenoid? If it cranks doing that then definitely replace the solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back