97 XP Siezed - Questions.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SheaMolt

Alright, after having my 2 XP's (Both not working) On craigslist for a couple days now, i decided to tear into one with the engine still in it - took of the head and found shavings of metal in the cylinder and i can't rotate it all the way around, the front piston gets stuck at the bottom, it is the cylinder that siezed - now here are my options

A) Sell them. Part of me wants a stand up.
B) When i bought the two, 1 worked, and 1 was in pieces. Now both don't work. I could bring them to the machine shop, and have the top end re-bored and get new pistons (I have a re-bored top end and new pistons for the other ski, probably put it on this one) and try to fire it up then after cleaning everything out well and getting proper oil and running premix - the oil injection is what screwed me over in the first place.

I'm considering option b because I'm 16 and don't have much to do this summer :ack:

Or will this ski need a complete rebuild - crank case and everything?

Thanks a bunch

1. break it down to a short block & SBT it or another remanufacturer.
2. Split the cases if you are mechanically inclined and do complete re-build.

The minimum is to take it apart and examine eveything, at least flush the case with kerosene and pour it out over a 5 gallon bucket with a clean towel to filter out and show you any metal particles - then you know how much farther you have to go to restore reliable operation - how lucky do you feel and how good are your paddles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back