97 xp Sea Doo Starts but shuts off after 7 seconds

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaRoc

Hello sea-doo family , i have a 97 sea-doo xp that starts but shuts off after 7 seconds of starts.. I changed out all grey hoses,new NGK plugs ,took off carb and cleaned out screen filters, and put fresh gas in.. What else can i be missing to do next ? NEED HELP ! Want to ride by fathers day this year !!!!! Thanks....:rofl:

Ok bill whats the dess post and where could i locate it ? And what is the cost of one if you know ? Could it cause a hard start too as if the battery is weak or low ?

Hi TampaRoc, The DESS post is the receiver switch for your Safety Lanyard. It is on the consol in front of the seat. IT cannot cause a hard start unless it is just not functioning. Not far frfrom ya. Come over to Pinellas Park. 727-547-9300 We'll have
you back on the water in no time. Also, you should download a Shop Manual and read it cover to cover. Bill

Ok bill sounds like a good idea... Because i was about to take it somewhere and have them test my mpem and now since my starter sounding like it dont want turn over the motor ..Ill give you a shout !!!! Thanks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back