97 xp and Hydro turf Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Texcwby

My question is. The factory mats are rivited in. Are the Hydro Turf mats cover these rivit holes or will I need to use a filler on the holes?

I have a 98 XPL and never replaced traction mats before. I wanted to know the same answer to this question. Hopefully someone here can answer this.

When i did mine i used a product called JB weld that can be found in any auto parts store, it comes in a small white tube and works some what like bondo. Fill the rivets with this, after it dryes sand it down so it is fluch and level. I also bought my hydroturf with the PSA, just because it was little simpler to put on.

I just put a dab of silicone caulk in each hole and ran a wet finger over it to smooth it out.

Just in case the turf ever starts to peel and gives it a chance to take in water.

Thanks for the pointers. I Shot a email to Hydro Turf yesterday afternoon waiting on them to get back with me. I let ya know what they say. But I like the silicon idea

Here is the email I got back from Hydro Turf today:

Hi

As for the rivets i have people do it different ways. You can cut them all off if you want and epoxy them or just glue the mats right over the holes. as long as the matts are glued down correctly there is no need to fill these holes.

Thomas wrote:
>
> Dear who it may concern:
>
> I am looking at replacing the factory mats on my two 1997 seadoo XP’s.
> The factory matting is riveted on to the top hull. Does your product
> cover these holes or will I need to address these rivet holes before
> installation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Thomas
>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back