RESTO 97 trouble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

burtcanasta

Ok guys I'm new to group but stumped at this point...installed new starter and new battery in june took the ski out 2wice. Well took it out this weekend and it was running like a champ. Then my wife was riding to and got tossed off . Since that point I cant even get it to crank. Tested battery it's at 12.6 volts. Got it on the charger now. I removed the spark plugs and all I get is a loud buzzing from started and then one long beep....please help thanks

Rule #1 - don't let the wife ride the ski - hahahaha

So, I'm confused...you can't get the ski started OR the ski starts and you are getting a long continuous beep? A long continuous beep traditionally signified an overheating condition.....have you tried backflushing the cooling system using a hose? (the ski needs to be running in order to do that though)....Connect hose, start ski, turn on water, turn off water, shut ski down....in that order.....

Have you checked your connections at the battery? When you fell off, the battery may have moved and loosened the connections at the battery. That buzzing sound often is a weak voltage going through the starter selenoid from the battery.

when mine did that it was a bad starter the wires inside where toast ... try jumping the solenoid first to see if it turns over if not its either a bad battery/connections or starter

Ok fellas I figured it out. Tested my new battery its ok.then I jumped the solenoid still no crank.Removed the starter bench tested it and it's ok. So at this point I was stumped. The battery and started were both installed new in june. Spent the extra cash for the quality parts..surely none of those could be the problem, but tested them anyways. So what did I do??? I took the new 200$ battery to where I bought it from and had them test it. When I left my house it had 12.97 volts..full charge I give it to them and as soon as they put a load on it boom dead....the drive from my house to there was only 5 min....so WTF high dollar battery fucking failed already...they fought with me on the exchange. They thought i switched it with an older of the same version...but got the new battery home reinstalled the starter hooked it up and boom cranks and fires right up....so all that work for a battery....anyways ..thanks for the help.

But I have one big question what do you guys think of what caused that battery to fail? Just dumb luck or could the ski be causing the issues ...this is my third now 4th new battery in this ski in 3 years...please let me know your thoughts..

4209 is right, 2 years out of a pwc battery is some feat. They get bounced around a lot, (maybe that jars a cell), not like the smooth ride of a car. Sometimes there are hidden parasitic draws. So now for years, I remove the the negative after every ride, and it seems to be working. And not all batteries are the same, I went through different brands, until I found one that seemed to last. Of course in the off season, it comes indoors and is kept alive on a digital trickle charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back