97 sportster or speedster single engine upgrade can it be done has anyone done it?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

teamziehm

CAN IT BE DONE AND BENIFIT FROM IT?-My sportster is up and running well with the new 717 motor thanks to dr honda a a coulpe others, now I know its been said that 717 is the biggest motor for the stock drive in this boat, now I recieved a complete donor ski from a friend that needs a good freshening up it is a 787, id like to install thec787 engine and exhaust and all the electrical in my 97 sportster single 717 boat, now can I swap around or interchange and make drive system parts to make the 787 set up work? In other words help give it a bigger-( footprint(drive)? Im looking to gain 5 mph more on the top end an also wanting to come out of the water up on plane quicker, can any of this be done id really like to have the extra tq and hp of the 787 , I like the boat it is clean and in great shape and really dont wanna sell for a bigger boat. I would like to have somthing that the factory did not offer, 97 single engine sportser with a 787 engine and have more tq outta the hole and more mph than the original 717 any ideas help and advice would really be awesome thanks guys for helpin me out along the way mike

Anyone?/oppinions- also anyone know top speed of a challenger with single 787 in 1996 I believe the 96 challenger is a couple ft longer than my 14ft sportster as well really hoping to get some great advice from you guys .thanks again fellas

I don't mean to be blunt, but only to save you BIG BUCK$!

I think it's more trouble than it's worth. Keep an eye for the boat with the engine(s) you want...Buy it, then sell yours. WAY cheaper that a conversion. I have not met a single soul on earth that can disprove this statement for purpose built hulls like ours.

96 boats are all 14.5 feet. I don't think the 1800 series were being made yet. But anyways yes I think it's more trouble then it's worth. Just sell the sportster and buy a challenger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back