97 speedster wake board tower

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tower?

Has anyone installed a wake board tower on a 97 speedster? if so any pics would be great aslo any perfered brands.

The 97 Speedster is only equipped with a single engine 717cc (85hp) with the single carb. If you want to add the tower for looks, that's cool. But, I dont' think the powertrain of this boat will provide any real use of a tower.

O.k...... let me correct that. In my rush to answer your post, I crossed your boat up with the Sportster. I do it all the time. And to think I just had the Sportster in my shop......:ack:

Thanks Shakedown for pointing that out to me. That might have led to bad advice to the member. I'll leave my post as is because I didn't catch my mistake, you did... Good job.

Your speedster actually does have the ability to bolt on a tower. Google "1997 Speedster" using images and you'll see one with the tower/bimini combination.

I guess I just always associate these towers with the 1800's. The pix I saw was pretty cool. I must admit, I've never seent the smaller boats with a tower. :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone installed a wake board tower on a 97 speedster? if so any pics would be great aslo any perfered brands.
We looked into putting a tower on our 96' speedster, but decided it just wasn't worth the trouble. The wake produced by the boat isn't large enough that you are going to see big air off of it. Plus with a boat that age you are going to run the risk of cracking the fiberglass, as it might be fragile. Not to mention that getting to front mounting points was going to be a huge pain in the ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back