97 Speedster steering wheel size???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshburger1187

I want to put an aftermarket steering wheel on my 97 speedster, but does anyone know if it takes a regular 3/4 wheel or a splined shaft??? I believe it's a standard 3/4, but I'm not sure???

I think the factory wheel is 12". I put on a 13" on my sportster, and it works well... and yes, it's a std, 3/4" tapered, keyed shaft. The nice thing about these boats is that most of the hardware isn't made by Sea-Doo, and the parts can be bought a boat supply store. (FYI, the steering system is TelaFlex)

Here’s Mine. The wheel was $12 off of eBay, and I made the adaptor. (I own a machine shop)

65.jpg

honda would you be interested in making a kit for me :) let me know how much! send me a pm if you are interested.

nice boat doc. did you just get this from the paint shop? I see some items off it and the paint looks way custom. Sweeeeeet !

Bryan13…

I can make you an adaptor if you want… but you can buy one for $30 or less on eBay. Since I have the equipment… I made one for myself because I didn’t want to have to wait for one to be shipped. If you want a billet adaptor like I made… we can work something out… but it’s not going to be cheap since it starts as a 4” round bar. (about 15 Lbs of aluminum) I’ll see what the materials actually cost, and I’ll shoot you a PM.

Glenwhitt…

Nope, didn’t come back from the paint shop. That’s the factory gel after 4 or 5 hours of buffing. The boat I have was a beater that was left out outside for 3 years, uncovered. (in Ohio) I picked it up cheap from a kid who wanted to restore it, but didn’t have to time or money to do it. The only thing he did was to put a new motor in it. I basically bought it from him for $200 more than he paid for the motor. But, yes, there are parts missing in that picture because it was taken during the main rebuild. I’m almost done with it… all that I have left to do is to recover the rear seat… but that hasn’t kept me from taking it out, and throwing on the water a few times. (I played hooky from my own shop yesterday, and took it out) All the new graphics were done by a friend of mine who has a vinyl cutter. Here’s a pic to see the rest of the graphics.

64.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back