Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mlmudd

I have a 97 Seadoo GTI with 2 problems!
1st one is the Seadoo is taking on water only when parked and left overnight. The plugs are in tight and I can’t see any water leaking in. I was told to put a new seal on the rock plate but can’t find the seals or name of them anywhere.
2nd problem is it was running great about 55mph 2 days ago, took it out yesterday and could only get it to about 35mph, checked then intake and prop, changed the spark plugs.
If anyone can help or has advice open to any suggestions!

I’m not sure what you mean by rock plate... You’re going to take on some water if you’re leaving it in the water overnight. These things weren’t meant to be stored on the water, and it could be coming from several places. The carbon seal or the rivets from the floor mats would be my first guesses.

As for your speed issue, there’s not nearly enough information to diagnose the problem. What is the ski doing? Is it revving, but not going anywhere? Is it bogging out? Is it acting like there’s a rev limiter?Tell us what you’re working with and someone can help...

So pretty much Weekend started out it was running great. Left docked over night took on some water. Next day emptied and dried out water. Took for a ride. Ski was only going about 10 mph at full throttle and engine was just reving. Came back in checked intake and prop nothing stuck in there. Changed spark plugs. Took back out ski is running but not accelerating past 30 mph at full throttle. Now it is not making the reving noise but still can’t figure out why it is only going 30 mph. Is driving normal but without being able to accelerate any faster than 30

Well you’ve got some conflicting things going on here. The engine revving, but the ski not going anywhere is cavitation. That can be caused by too large a tolerance between the impeller and wear ring, or by an air leak. A bad carbon seal will cause the air leak, AND cause the ski to take on water... Now you’re saying that the ski isn’t cavitating, but will only go 30mph. What does it do when it gets there? Does it feel like the ignition cuts out, or does it just feel like it’s bogging or running out of fuel?

It rides smooth just won’t accelerate past 30 with me full throttle no bogging or shaking no changes in motor noise

It rides smooth just won’t accelerate past 30 with me full throttle no bogging or shaking no changes in motor noise

Well that would point toward a fuel problem most likely. What do the spark plugs look like after riding it like that?

My boyfriend said they didn’t look bad at all and they were brand new after we took on water we dried it all out started it a couple times with them out and out new ones in

Well I think I would start going through the carburetors then using genuine Mikuni parts. Before you do that though, open up the electrical box in the rear of the ski under the seat, and see if it’s got water inside of it. It’s sounding like fuel, but it would be quite the coincidence if you started having fuel issues at the exact same time that it got flooded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back