97 gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltonedens

give it a shot I know this is long but just lay out all i have tries thus far. old five amp fuse blows problem. checked stator and all good still blow fuse. put in used mpem. unit would not recognize either the key or the dealer program key. dealer said probably DESS post so replaced with a used one. Back to dealer and Unit still will not recognize either key. I have two keys so not likely a bad key. So actually will not recognikze three keys. I checked the DESS and when put key on both circuits go from open to closed so DESS post seems to be ok. So old one was also probably ok. Both my keys give same results. In researching found someone who thought that between ground wire on MPEM and 5 amp fuse socket supposed to not be dead short. That is dead short means bad MPEM. On original MPEM tests dead short so likely that MPEM was bad. On new used MPEM ground wire to 5 amp fuse socket reads about 15 M olms so not dead short. There is a second black wire on the mpem and readings to 5 amp fuse socket is same on both. If push start button five times get long beep so beeper works. If push start button powers up and cycles 33 seconds like supposed to. New Battery to start a 98 GSX limited just before i started all this mess. I have chased the grounds i think. Could not get to the wire to the starter--up under engine somewhere but pull on it and it is tight.

It appears to me there is a yellow red wire from the MPEM which goes to the solenoid which signals the solenoid it is ok to send power to the starter. Is that the way it works? But MPEM is not sending that signal.

Somewhere in all that clutter some signal is getting lost.

any ideas?

it's very hard to follow what you are asking.

Your fist MPEM is dead.

Your second MPEM also sounds dead since it's not recognizing the lanyard, and if the dealer can't get into it, to program it... then I'd say it has a problem.

As far as the power to the solenoid... that's how it works. There is always power... and the MPEM opens, and closes the ground to activate the starter.

I was trying to tell everything i has tried and failed on other threads others suggest things i had already tried and did not really need that unless they thought i did not do a good job checking. so if both mpem's are dead why does one show a short and one does not? Based on that i am looking for a bad ground. i have two to try--actually three but i can not see how to access the ground on the starter with out lifting the motor. that is a consistent suggestion before replacing the MPEM. i know you are of the most knowledgable on here so i do appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back