97 Gtx-runs Great 45min, Then Won't Go Over 4500rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasehelp:)

Hello All! I have a 1997 GTX...
Here's the history on this boat-
rebuilt motor, new carbs.....the whole shabang.
After many trial and errors, here is the final problem we are running into:
Ski runs GREAT for about 45 minutes. Then, she decides she doesn't want to go over 4500 RPMs. Feather it and she is good again for a little while. Today, looked at the timing and adjusted...ran worse. Put timing back where it was.
Read through the forums and found someone with a similar problem...checked the rave valves & one was missing a spring. Took a spring from another boat.
But, here's is the killer, front plug looks good...she is still in premix and oil injection due to new motor break in....oily, but as it should be. Back plug is barely any oil....has gas on it....but not a lot of discoloration.
Now, we also worked on this boat at night and saw (on the back plug wire) little dances of sparks, so we corrected that problem....but that was a week ago, and we are still getting the plug issue described above.
So, to summarize, after the adjustments today- we still have yet to water test again....but wanted an opinion because it still seems to be running a little on the rough side.
Sorry to write a book here, but we are at absolute witts end! I am about ready to do an SBT on the motor and be done with it...........HELP ME SAVE MONEY!
Thanks!
Amanda

Carbs??

I know you said you re-built the carbs but this sounds like a carb issue. Sounds like something may be sticking in the metering side or a diaphram problem. Those tiny filters inside the carbs are culprits for many problems as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back