97 gsx no start no power

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan deiter

Hey guys I have a 97 gsx that ran fine. Starter was loose and threw it off from starting so I tightened it and it ran fine and my battery light came on like it wasnt charging for a while and then nothing. No beeps nothing with lanyard in or out. I tested all fuses and put lights on rear box . I can turn engine over with screwdriver but no power anywhere. Ground cables have continuity. The 2 big ones I checked. Battery is good. Vts didn't act right either as I remember so any info would help thanks

Check all your power and ground cables. The engine is grounded through the starter.

I would unplug all the VTS connectors as it can be bad and ruin the MPEM, also check all fuses.

Did you load test the battery, or just check the voltage? I recently had a battery short itself out internally, and it showed 12V with a volt meter, but I got no lights, beeps, or anything when it was connected. As soon as I pulled it and hooked up my battery conditioner though, it would show 12.1V, and then jump to 15.1V for a split second before coming back down. Since it was only a two month old battery, I took it back and got a replacement and it fired right up with the new one...

Fuses good and do I unplug vts in the motor or at the clip in engine comp. All my lines have power except my coil idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back