97 GSI just stopped running right!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCabralFamily

We have a 97 GSI that has had a New Wear Ring and the Carb Professionally Done. We took it out and put 6- 8 Hours On it and it ran beautifully, then just stopped in the water. Tried to start but the engine was locked up. Towed it back, got it on the trailer, it was not excessively hot, but let it cool for an hour. It would then spin freely, fire but just a rough idle. Fearing the worst, I got the compression checked and it was 145 on each cylinder. Put in New Spark Plugs with no change, opened up the carb with no visible issues. What i did notice was fuel blowing back up thru the carb. Once is idles, and you give it any throttle it just dies.....any suggestions on this one?? Greatly Appreciated

Since your compression is within the 10% rule, that could rule out the top end, if there is no water in the cylinders, you may have a locked up crank, (worn brass rotary valve gear, or a locked up rotary valve disk, part of a piston skirt is lodged).

Sounds like flooding from a suck needle and seat.

The fact that the compression is ok, it starts and idles fine but it is blowing fuel out makes me think the rotary valve and engine should be ok.

Thank You for the potentially positive news on the Carb. I will get a new rebuild kit with needle and seat and hope for the best. It's in great shape so it's worth some time and a lil $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back