97 challenger 1800 noises

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nathanielg24

1997 challenger 1800 I just bought is making some weird rattling noise, its not the normal rattle, one engine runs fine while the other is more high pitch and will not push the boat. everything seems to be spinning inside not really sure what the problem is. like I said im new to these boats and not sure what the problem could be. help would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you put it in the water and come just off idle, does it still rattle? Sounds like the famous seadoo pump rattle.

Not sure what you mean by not pushing the boat?? Do the engines rev up, but the boat does not go?
Sounds like could be a wear ring issue.

no it still rattles in the watter ...i know the sea doo rattle its different sound its more high pitch and that engine will not move the boat at all.one engine will push the boat fine but the other does nothing but rev up.

Thanks a lot! [MENTION=64620]FinnExplorer[/MENTION] that was exactly the problem. Now my problem is getting the pto off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove a spark plug, and put some cotton rope in the spark plug hole, clothes line rope works well, be sure to leave some rope so you can pull it back out. Use a big ass pipe wrench to un-screw the pto.

Lou

Impeller tool also fits the pto hole nicely ;) So you don't have to tear all the paint from pto using pipe wrench... just my .02

Impeller tool also fits the pto hole nicely ;) So you don't have to tear all the paint from pto using pipe wrench... just my .02

You are absolutely correct, I don't know why I never thought of that. I've always had to repaint the PTO. Thanks for posting. :facepalm:

Lou

What do you guys recommend I use to seal everything back up and where all needs it. Replaced the pto and driveshaft. Thanks everyone been A lot of help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back