97 787 gtx crankshaft bearing o-ring

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoSpo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Ready to repair or purchase 787 crankshaft for my 1997 GTX, bearings a little "wobbly". My crankshaft bearings have rubber o-rings in grooves, but I notice that new or refurbished crankshafts/bearings currently sold have flush surfaces, no grooves. I assume they've been improved and updated to flush surfaces vs grooved? Any crankcase fitting issues? Thanks again.

Attachments

• WIN_20230217_16_26_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230217_16_26_26_Pro.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Some cranks had orings but got away from it.if it's a solid bearing it's new style.when you put together I like to put a thin thin coat of 518 on the bearing races.dont go nuts just a light film on the center of the race so when tourque down it seals it a bit.and helps hold the bearings.

Thank you, that's the information I needed, including the 518 tip.
Forgot to add clean the races and cases make them oil free.i like to paper towel with acetone just the races j7st before putting together.i like doing that on all the bearings.on some of my high revving snowmobile drag motors I've had bearings spin in the cases and chew them a little so started sealing them and the hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back