96xp800 Skat Trak Pump Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

n3k0de

11.jpg22.jpg111.jpg222.jpg

Picture 1 - The impeller off the thrust bearing.
Picture 2 - Loaded
picture 3-4 - The boot clearance.

So I have a Skat Trak Swirl... that A Buddy of mine scored for me but when I put it in the pump, it doesn't feel right or in my matter look right...

For one I screwed it in all the way till tight... It sits High Out of the Pump from the OEM.. also it has more play to the thrust bearing.. It feels like... I checked the threading and it is at the same stop point as the OEM.. so I know its not getting hung up but all the way...

Also the clearance for the Boot is next to nothing compared to the OEM..
140mm 1996 seadoo xp 800

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason, it's not threading all the way down on the shaft. That's why you have A LOT of play, in and out. But, they do sit out of the pump a little.

As far as the length on the drive shaft... the cone seals are totally different. Make sure you use the Skat Trak seal.

flip that one and the stock one over and take a picture...I think that prop maybe for a mag or bighub 140 pump.

flip that one and the stock one over and take a picture...I think that prop maybe for a mag or bighub 140 pump.

Or that.

The "Big Hub" pumps were only used on a couple skis, and I forget about them.

Post the part number cast into the impeller.

CAM00618.jpgCAM00617.jpgCAM00624.jpg

Yeah I think you guys are right.. So I just cleaned up the OEM for now.. There is no part number just brand and pitch..

Last edited by a moderator:
So just to clear this up... what kind of impeller do I have here? Also is it going to be hard to sell if I did?

I would buy that big prop for $75 shipped if you want. PM me if interested. I think it fits my Skat Magnum pump.

Its most likely a Mag pump prop. Big hub seadoo props are similar but dont interchange. Since yours doesnt have a OEM part number on it, my best guess is its for a mag pump.

ill go 75.01 ;)

Minnetonka - Sell me the cable red for 150 and Ill throw this in. Meaning Ill send it with tracking + 150. then you ship. If not 75 to matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back