96 xp

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
had the carbs rebuilt with mikuni parts, ski will not start, I push the start button and get one pop then it just grinds. I pull the plugs and they are wet with gas and oil,
dry them off replace them and push start button, same thing one pop then starter just grinds. Is the rebuild most likely the problem?

If the needle and seats are leaking it will flood the engine. This can lock up the engine since you can’t compress a liquid but should not cause a grinding noise.

Sorry, by grinding I meant the starter was turning over the engine. Just a few minutes ago I poured a small amount of gas in the carbs and the engine started and seemed to run fine. Since I got it running I'll probably wait till next spring to take it out for a run. Thanks for your reply

You should be able to start and run it on the trailer without having to pour gas in it. Choke and a fresh battery should be enough to get it going. Be sure to remove the battery and keep it charged up over the winter months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back