96 XP Wont Start... Kills itself as soon as it cranks over?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s the pic.

Attachments

• A01A8F10-51D9-4ABB-8561-F7FD6CE40011.jpeg
    A01A8F10-51D9-4ABB-8561-F7FD6CE40011.jpeg
    815.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 57589359-0BEE-43DE-997D-974942FE2EE9.jpeg
    57589359-0BEE-43DE-997D-974942FE2EE9.jpeg
    815.3 KB · Views: 9
How could it not be cleaned? It’s three holes... soak in some chem dip and then blow out with air compressor and would be good as new.
The issue with the selectors as they age isn't them getting plugged up but rather them sucking air.

Good luck with cleaning them and let us know when you suck air and seize your engine.

Seriously spend the $25 and fix it correctly.

Good luck with cleaning them and let us know when you suck air and seize your engine.

Seriously spend the $25 and fix it correctly.
I see now, never heard of that before but it definitely makes sense. Not sure if I need it or not but I will think about replacing it.

Did you check pop-off and check the carbs for leak down?

Typically it’s leaking needles and seats.

Did you check pop-off and check the carbs for leak down?

Typically it’s leaking needles and seats.
I did not. Just recently made a pop off tester. So if I can’t get it fixed I’ll look at that next. Isn’t the sludge from the exhaust the oil caused by bad crank seals? It’s just straight oil it’s running out of the hull fitting, that tie down on the end of the trailer bunk was silver but it has been covered in the oil substance. It isn’t watery it’s very thick.

If it’s straight oil the engine typically won’t crank over.
When it’s flooded it will blow out the black spooge.

Now my beeper issue is back. I thought the loose ground terminal fixed it. Yesterday beeped at me every time but today I can't even get it to do it once....
Went back out again and it beeped me every time I tried! After running on a hose for a few minutes it is giving me the overheat alarm even though the engine isn't even remotely warm. Wont start back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back