96 XP Starting Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

QuickPuppy

I have a 96 XP with 181psi compression, and a good battery. When I hit the start button, it turns over maybe a half rotation to TDC, pauses for a second, then cranks normally. Could this be a weak starter (Needs new brushes?) or solenoid issues? It's acted this way for years now.

Some of the early 787's had a starters did not have enough of a geared advantage so Seadoo changed the drive gear. Make sure your starter gear has 8 teeth and not the 9 teeth.
From there check your cables and try new brushes. With your compression you aren't going to be able to use an aftermarket starter as the are not good.

I have a 96 XP with 181psi compression, and a good battery. When I hit the start button, it turns over maybe a half rotation to TDC, pauses for a second, then cranks normally. Could this be a weak starter (Needs new brushes?) or solenoid issues? It's acted this way for years now.
180 compression?? WOW that thing must jump up and go...my 96 only has 115 compression and it moves enough to make you pucker so I can only imagine your's must be a wild ride.... question...I'm thinking about selling mine but don't know what price would be fair, have any suggestions??

180 compression?? WOW that thing must jump up and go...my 96 only has 115 compression and it moves enough to make you pucker so I can only imagine your's must be a wild ride.... question...I'm thinking about selling mine but don't know what price would be fair, have any suggestions??
Depends on your market where you are from, I do a pile of looking through different classifieds. Our market here in eastern Ontario is pretty high. Depending on the shape of the machine, the handle bar pad, seat, graphics, rub rail etc. Machine only no trailer, 900.00 to 1400.00 CDN for one like yours in need of a top end as long as it’s still running good. In tip top shape I see them posted between 2000.00 and 3000.00 around here with a trailer.

Depends on your market where you are from, I do a pile of looking through different classifieds. Our market here in eastern Ontario is pretty high. Depending on the shape of the machine, the handle bar pad, seat, graphics, rub rail etc. Machine only no trailer, 900.00 to 1400.00 CDN for one like yours in need of a top end as long as it’s still running good. In tip top shape I see them posted between 2000.00 and 3000.00 around here with a trailer.
That's pretty much what I was thinking too, thanks for your time my friend and if you know anyone that would be interested in it drop me a message and we'll throw some numbers around

Back