96 XP rotary valve

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brprxt215

Hey guys my XP starts so hard every time I go to use it. I have been through the entire ignition system and put in all oem parts. The only thing I have never messed with is the rotary valve clearance. How do I go about checking clearance? Do I just remove carbs or do I need to pull the entire motor? Compression is 148 both holes. When it starts it runs great just getting it started again has become such a burden I won’t even take it out alone anymore. Any guidance would be awesome! Thank you!

You can check the clearance with the motor in the ski. You’ll definitely have to pull the carbs, as the rotary valve cover has to come off and then be reinstalled without the o-ring. Do a google search for Sea Doo Service Manuals and you’ll find a downloadable copy that will give you specifics on how to do it.

You can check the clearance with the motor in the ski. You’ll definitely have to pull the carbs, as the rotary valve cover has to come off and then be reinstalled without the o-ring. Do a google search for Sea Doo Service Manuals and you’ll find a downloadable copy that will give you specifics on how to do it.
I do have a printed out service manual I’ll read more into it. Can I have the cover machined if it’s all gouged up or do I have to get the part with the intake ports machined and motor come out?

You can have it machines if it’s gouged or out of spec. SBT has a service, and they’re probably the most reasonable place right now...

I think I’m going to try and pull the o ring and see if that tightens up the clearance as per the manual

I think I’m going to try and pull the o ring and see if that tightens up the clearance as per the manual

Pulling the o-ring is just to test the clearance. Once you have your measurement, you’ll have to pull the cover again and replace the o-ring.

You only leave it off to perform the test. That O-ring needs to be there, or the cover will not seal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back