96 XP revival

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried adding a spacer and that made the mandrel on the rivet too short for the riveter to grab it. A screw that's about an inch long will work fine. You don't need nylock nuts, just use blue permatex.

Very happy for you that the ski is running well now!

Doing it like this for years. Works great.
407090adb04c10e67141e7dc7d4576de.jpg

But if you don’t have the correct tools and rivets the screw and nut is easier.

Be careful of the threads sticking out the back because when you grab the rail to move the ski you can hurt your fingers if it’s sharp.

After about 15 mins of run time:

Top plug is MAG and rear is PTO. The mag plug looks like what I would call "good"

This engine is currently on 50:1 premix and oil injection for the first tank. Any idea why the PTO plug is so much darker?

All I can think is that my low speed settings need to be adjusted on the PTO. I had to idle about 1/2 mile to the boat landing because no wake, so the last few mins the boat was basically at idle. Could also maybe be the carbs a little out of sync?

Beyond that the boat was running Excellent. It was hitting 6800 RPM at wot. No stumbles at mid range or off idle. I am running an X0 prop. Is 6800 about right for that prop and a stock motor?

My worst fear is a potentially leaking crank seal on the MAG cyl. I would expect the plug to have a little darker brown with all the oil I'm burning, but it is the red synthetic xps oil.

Think i should lean out the mag or richen the PTO? I am pretty confident the oil injection is working because the oil level in the tank went down a little.

Is it typical to have to run the Low speed/idle mixture screws a little different on the PTO vs the MAG? IE Mag 1 1/8 turns out and the PTO 1 Turn out?

The specs on your XP are : Low speed screw = 1 turn out +/- 1/4, HIGH speed screw = 0 for BOTH carbs. I've always pretty much adhered to both carbs being as identically tuned as possible/practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back