96 XP Project

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 96 is done and soon will be off to it's new home. Ive made a deal with a buddy for the ski and the trailer. Made a nice bit of change. Got some pictures from today. Not sure when I'll drop it off to him.20190223_142338.jpeg20190223_142404.jpeg20190223_142409.jpeg20190223_142418.jpeg20190223_142546.jpeg20190223_142602.jpeg

Glad it is working out.

Don't forget to clamp the other end of the pipe coupler and hook up the tell tale(pisser) to the exhaust manifold. There should be a jetted fitting on the pipe adaptor of that Coffman that water is flowing into as well. It might be there I just can't see it in the pic.

Glad it is working out.

Don't forget to clamp the other end of the pipe coupler and hook up the tell tale(pisser) to the exhaust manifold. There should be a jetted fitting on the pipe adaptor of that Coffman that water is flowing into as well. It might be there I just can't see it in the pic.
Matt I'm actually going to send you a message about it because it sounds like you have the answers to the questions I'm about to ask about the plumbing

I like the minimalist graphics and single color on the ski. It's encouraging me to match the bottom and top color however my, creative side keeps nudging me in the direction of metallic red for the top. :)

I like the minimalist graphics and single color on the ski. It's encouraging me to match the bottom and top color however my, creative side keeps nudging me in the direction of metallic red for the top. :)
It's a nice ski that I kept a strict budget on in order to make some money in the end

I'm not all that comfortable painting the skis although I know the paint will hold up reasonably well. I'd probably opt for removing the stickers/graphics and polishing the Gelcoat as long as it is in good shape. The ski I am working on had lots of deep scratches so..... gotta get R done.

I didn't do much to this at all. I cleaned it with soft scrub and blue scotch brite pad. That's was it

That is interesting!! Did it clean up the bottom well? My 97 gtx bottom is in need of a good buffing. Was it the green scotch pads?

That is interesting!! Did it clean up the bottom well? My 97 gtx bottom is in need of a good buffing. Was it the green scotch pads?

Don’t use that on gel coat or paint, just the plastic parts.

For gel coat you need a buffer and compounds.

I used blue scotch bright on the gelcoat but like miki said, I did buff the gelcoat afterward. You have to buff it afterward. The blue scotch brite it going to be similar to 1500 grit paper or so. If you're going for perfect finish look at the wet sanding and buffing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back