96 xp oil leak

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kadusmc

my 96 seadoo xp has an oil leak that is not coming from the two hoses that come from the oil tank but is coming from the bottom of the engine somwhere. when I turn over the engine the inside of the engine compartment fills with oil, the machine cought fire and was quickly put out befor I thought there was any damage, are there any external lines under the engine besides the ones that come from the tank? any thoughts?

96xp

The two small oil lines from oil pump to RV nipples are brittle cracked
and leaking. Replace those.

I'm not sure where I can find them, are they under the engine? I fixed a hole that I found in the line from the oil tank that had the inline filter, but the other one looks fine, are those the lines that you are talking about? those are the only two lines that I see, are there more or could the oil be coming from another place underneath the engine? thanks.

Oil lines....

You have two lines coming from the bottom of your oil tank, the one with the inline oil filter goes to your oil injection system, on the front of the magneto. The other line on the bottom runs under the engine to the rotary chamber. Then, the one you see coming from under the engine to the top of the oil tank is the vent line from that chamber. If you flip this motor upside down, the oil should spill back into the tank, the re-fill the chamber when you right the engine again.

These oil lines are hard to get to....you'll have to remove the exhaust pipe on the port side and at minimum, the air box on the starboard side........:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back