96 xp no start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

egmatt

What's up guys, I recently just put a new motor in my 96 xp I had it out today for a little break in run, running it at about 1/4 throttle for about 30 min just planed out and cruising. Then out of no where it bogged out and stalled, now it won't start I have spark and read my manual on the carbs to discover that I had put a pump in the pto carb. My question is what are the chance that the motor is shot or I washed away the rings, all tips and advise would be greatly appreciated

Imon my way to pick one up right now, now is there supposed to be a pump in both the pto and mag carbs?

ok so heres what i got on my end. 165 in the pto, 135 in the mag. if i crank it without the plugs in i get this greyish fluid out of the spark plug holes. i dont see how this could be water considering i wasnt jumping spinning or anything, no water in the hull at all btw

Last edited by a moderator:
greyish fluid, is water in the case. Clean/clear it out, and ski will start again. You siad, you just had motor rebuilt, i wonder if your sleeve/s have a crack, allowing water in combustion chamber?

Water is always going to find a way in. Spray some Bombardier lube or similar water dispersing fluid in the cylinders and crank it for a few seconds to force the water out. Be sure to cover the holes with a rag so it doesn't spray everywhere. You may need to do it several times. It should take care of the water in there, but if it continues to happen you may have a crack like the other guy said.

i just emailed the place that build my motor so hopefully they can help me out and dont bullshit me. I dont want to keep trying to get it started if something is wrong then these guys find a way to say its not under warranty anymore

i guess i should of stuck to the keep it simple stupid(KISS) method. i was cranking it earlier to find out that i wasnt getting spark in the front wire but i was getting spark in the back. anyone know why this would be happen, i thought if the igniter went you wouldnt get spark in any wires, unless im looking at a simple fix?

clip the plug wires, check the wires at the coil, then see what happens. Also, use a new spark plug.

got it running, i did what you said with the plug wires, also did them where they go into the coil, and redid al my connectors in my black box. took it out earlier and after 15 minutes of fun it just died. found out my needle in my pto carb was stuck open and just flooding the sh!t out of the engine. :/ dont know how this thing keeps getting stuck open like this, i sprayed a q-tip with cleaner and cleaned out the chamer and then took 800 grit sandpaper very lightly to the sides of the needle that have contact with the chamber. gonna change out the spring tomorrow also, theres a green spring in there for some reason instead of silver.( spring that pushes the needle to the closed position. any tips or advise on that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back