96 XP Lean at high RPM and I got a Lemmon of a 03 GTX HELP

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchoo5050

Guys need some advice on two things.

96 XP is running lean at high RPM and bogs down.

What I have Tried:

Carb clean-out and new carb kit from makita. Reused the old springs. Still runs the same as before

Looked for any leaks of air or water that I could find. Found the thing hooked to my muffler had a puncture in the diaphragm so I plugged that witha temporary fix and it is not leaking anymore. That was not the problem

I bypassed the gas valve with the Reserve, On and Off settings. Still runs the same.

I have the old gas lines but not a single drop of ethanol gas has ever gone in it.

But I think a full gas line redo my be my next step.

Any other ideas?

NEXT

A guy just sold me a 2003 Seadoo GTX. Took it out for the 1st time and within 10 miles of riding it stopped working all of a sudden. I had to swim it to the nearest dock which luckily was owned by a boat enthusiast who helped me check it out. We took the plugs out and one of them was covered in copper colored metal fragments. He says the crank blew and my heart dropped. So now I am thinking back to when I was talking to the previous owner and he had mentioned he had spark plug troubles. Did he or his mechanic know what was about to happen or am I being paranoid?

So now what is the absolute best way to get a new motor in this near Syracuse NY?

So just saw another thread any the guy ended up having a leak in his fuel delivery system think it was a ring around the sending unit that the forgot to put on. My Problem seems very much the same though.

Also I tried something ppl said in there and rode it with the seat off to make sure its is not an exhaust problem. Did notice one thing when the rpm drop happens and it bogs down I see water bubbling out of the gasket that connects the giant purple pipe to the white engine. But it is like barely any water at all that comes out. Could this be my problem?

Last edited:
As for the GTX you can get a remanufactured engine from SBT in what I think is two weeks, the fastest option if you want to get on the water quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back