96 XP Build - Resto

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion just ride and enjoy as is.
I have always been the person that had to have my skis and vehicles cosmetically perfect or it bugged the crap out of me. Now that I have gotten older and life has gotten more complicated I keep them clean but I just want to ride without issues.
And it never lasts so even my 96’ XP bottom hull has gotten a little faded over the years since the full resto and that’s the way it’s going to stay.

You're not kidding !! I purchased a 1999 GTX RFI and the dang thing was painted with spray can paint. Boy O Boy what that a job!! Lots of work but Got R Done. Sad thing was after I got the paint off I was able to compound and polish the Gelcoat an it was GREAT !! Instead of messing up the ski, all the guy had to do was get out some compound and some elbow grease.

1999 GTX RFI SEAT.jpg

Oh well... taking this one to the next level now. I will have no use for it but it will be cool. I just bought performance engine from a forum member along with the electronics. So... Now I'm gonna go for some BLING before I install the engine. Going with new GELCOAT on the bottom but now sure the color. I'm thinking a black metallic. I have a buddy that builds fiberglass boats cajun style he is gonna do the gel coat for me but I'm gonna do all the prep and such. Any ideas or suggestion for color? Not sure what I'm doing with the top side.

Performance 787 (1).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back