96 XP 787 loses power after warmed up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbeard117

Hi, I have been trying to get my 96 XP running right this season. After it warms up the acceleration dies and the throttle does nothing. Pulling the choke kills the engine. I replaced the plugs with no change. In the beginning of the summer the problem started as a gradual miss but if I tweaked the throttle I could keep it going. I felt it was in the fuel selector and/or the fuel hoses so I blew them out and replaced the soft old ones with new ones back to the carbs. After that it seems to actually be worse or just coincidental. I did a check of the rectifier by measuring the voltage at the battery while accelerating and there is no change just the steady 14.2V so I believe it is good. Any suggestions? should I pull the "red" wire going to the rectifier anyway to see if this is the culprit. Background of this ski. 3 yrs ago the factory oil injector failed and seized the engine. I had a complete rebuild and purchased a new set of carbs. The ski ran great for the next 25hrs. thru last year. Please help. Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back