96 seadoo xp wont rev above idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
So as electrical problems were corrected compression was dropping the while I guess. So that on top of the already noisy crank bearing I've always had, the engine is now out and I'm getting setup for the winter rebuild.

Now I'm just trying to figure out where to source everything from. I'm thinking full bore for the top end but not sure on the crank. If I can't find a better option I guess I'll just do a sbt crank but I was hoping to find something better thats a comparable price if its out there...

this may or may not be relevant but ive had a similar issue with motors and it ended up being weak spark have you tested it with a proper spark gap tester to ensure it is jumping the correct gap, (im not sure the gap it should jump on this ski, I lost my tool when I moved) seeing spark at the plugs means very little from my experience.

Yea I've completely overhauled this thing electrically, spark is good. Compression is now 90 & 120 so it's time to build...

doomann88
I have similar issues with a 1997 SeaDoo
I just sent you a PM, hoping to communicate with you on this subject as I too am in Ohio
I am posting here too, in an effort to figure out if you ever solved your issues
thanks
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back