96 seadoo xp 787 rebuilt carbs but ski is still having trouble

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cfulgenzi

recently added the following:

New fuel valve
new fuel lines for the most part
new battery
new starter
and I have just finished cleaning the carbs and replacing them with genuine mikuni parts.

I got on the water today after tuning the low jets to 1 turn out and high jets to 0 turn outs. It started right up smoothly. The idle was a little high but I will fix that. When i gave it 1/4 throttle it tried to die and bogged out but then would get going. It acts like it is going to die unless I am easy on accelerating the throttle. When I got it up to high speed it would run great and try to get to top speed but then it would miss or something and then kept repeating. It was like full throttle at 100% and then full throttle at 50% and back to 100%. I believe I need to just redo the jets and maybe turn them out or in some more. I wanted some other opinions before hitting the water again monday. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks

Try cracking open gas cap? Might not be venting to replace gas used. Look at the gasket on your water separator / fuel filter in the front hatch. They dry out / split all the time. Might pressure test your fuel system. Service manual has procedure. You may be sucking air at times. It's easier to suck air then fuel. Try pulling choke when it bogs. It goes it's lean, it dies it's rich.

Per advice from others on this forum, you should also get ALL the fuel lines replaced - only ones you could probably skip would be the vent lines. Even the fuel return lines can re-contaminate your system.

OSD marine is a great source, but they are closed for relocation to a larger shop/ warehouse until mid November. If you can wait, they are probably your best bet - make sure you get the genuine Mikuni parts including needles/seats with vitron tip. They sell both Mikuni and aftermarket and even hybrid kits so read the description to be sure ALL the parts you are buying are Mikuni.

If you cannot wait till then, there are a few others like Bay Area Powersports (easiest access through ebay). They carry both as well so read the description thoroughly. This retailer is markedly more expensive on the genuine parts so if you can wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back