96 Seadoo GTI fouling rear spark plug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooney58

Hello,

I have a 96 GTI and the rear spark plug keeps fouling.

I’ll take it out, starts up great and runs great at full throttle, but once I slow down in a no wake zone it won’t rev back up and go too full rpm. It just putts along very slowly. To fix it I have to just change to rear spark plug and it is up and running again. A lot of times the spark plug will have a white milky substance on it. It did sit for 2 years.

i got the carb rebuilt when I bought it two months ago along with a new starter and battery. I also bypassed the fuel and oil mixture, and put 40:1 ethanol free mix in it as well. Other than that the whole thing is stock.

if anyone could help that would be great. Thanks.

I hope you kept oil fed to the rotary gear. You can't just switch to premix on these.

If you are getting milky oil out of the rear cylinder then you are getting water into it from a bad gasket/o-ring or a crack.

I hope you kept oil fed to the rotary gear. You can't just switch to premix on these.

If you are getting milky oil out of the rear cylinder then you are getting water into it from a bad gasket/o-ring or a crack.

Yes I keep oil feed to the rotary gear.

Is it difficult to replace the gasket/o-ring?

Will do.

I was told by the guy who rebuilt the carb that the milky oil would disappear and it was because it sat for so long. I say this because the end of the day yesterday I wasn't seeing any milkiness.

If it is actually water it will be a brown/green color.
Pictures?

Sorry no pictures. Its not brown/green for sure. Its white. Even when I put a brand new spark plug into it and let it sit for a few minutes, that brand new spark plug could be coated in the white stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back