96 GTX Question Regarding Stop Button

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorM

Hey everyone,

So I will be looking at a 96 Seadoo GTX today and the seller mentioned she has ridden it all summer but the stop button recently stopped working as in the start button will start the watercraft but the button won’t turn off the watercraft. The seller mentioned you can still pull the lanyard to shut it off.

I did some research and couldn’t find anything pinpointing this exact scenario so wanted to reach out to this forum to see if someone has any idea what may be the problem.

Last edited:
Sounds mpem related,,am not an electrical genius,,,and there is a relay in the box as well,,,do all the gauges work,,,trim?,,,do you get the 2 beep beeps?

Sounds mpem related,,am not an electrical genius,,,and there is a relay in the box as well,,,do all the gauges work,,,trim?,,,do you get the 2 beep beeps?
So I just got done checking it out. The button is stuck and the cover is ripped. It also has a battery disconnect switch which I’ve never seen before. The lady said the previous own installed it so the battery doesn’t drain when not used. Well if you switch the switch over with the lanyard connected the jetski cranks/starts.

Thats weird and messed?!,I am not a fan of switches on nonjetboats,,,too many handshakes/connections/resistance losses,,,I'd get back to "superstock,"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back