96 gtx exaust can with the valve thing. How does it work and what does it do ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can explain ?

The valve regulates the water going through the exhaust system, at higher RPM it chokes off the water flow going into the exhaust providing a better top end.

The service manual that you can download provides a more specific and detail description of how it works. I'd just remove and inspect it, clean it etc, and it should be good if it's not leaking. Leaking can be pretty typical, also because of vibration, the spring inside breaks and over time other pieces in it tend to rust causing issues.

Are you having mechanical problems and suspect the valve?

Apparently he was just seeking information, asking on here is like asking Alexa, it's less effort than doing a little research via a few key strokes in the search or online. It's like playing Seadoo trivia sometimes...ask a trivial question but don't explain the real issue.

Anyone can explain ?

If you are having issues with your ski please feel comfortable discussing here. One of the tell tale signs that you may have water control valve issues is you will loose RPM up high. It has been stated 400-500 is not uncommon. I had rust spots under my valve on my 97 GTX. When I opened it I found that the spring clamp that was being used to hold the bellows on had completely rusted away. That allowed the valve to leak so it did not work properly. Hope this helps. Good luck. :D

Yes it was good. Sang to a shop and they didn’t find anything wrong. He didn’t check the rotary valve clearance though but not sure if that is a thing on a rfi.

Any progress? If you can start it in the water how does it run after you get it started? I have found that low compression affects starting when the engine is hot. But if it is bad enough it will give trouble when cold.

Is your ski an RFI?? I have one of these I am working on and can offer some insight as I am still working on mine. :) I'm getting ready to build a fuel pressure testing apparatus. :)

The water is frozen over here lol
Compression was good and so was fuel pressure according to the tech I brought it to.

I still have not designed my fuel pressure checker thingy. LOL It's just a little chilly over here but should warm up by the weekend. I've got painting to do so the ski won't be ready for the water. Maybe next week. LOL Stay warm brother !!

I still have not designed my fuel pressure checker thingy. LOL It's just a little chilly over here but should warm up by the weekend. I've got painting to do so the ski won't be ready for the water. Maybe next week. LOL Stay warm brother !!
We have about 2 ft of snow already and winter hasn’t even started yet lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back