'96 GTX - acceleration issue - hiccup?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ckrawiec

Forum dudes...your thoughts please.....

'96 GTX [164 hours] finally back on the water, starts fine in the water, REVs like a beast (in Nuetral), etc.....

So Friday evening I take her out for MY first ride in a LONG time (I've been waiting patiently after much fixing, etc).....slow putter for a few minutes just to let her warm up a touch, then I give her some throttle.......REVS up fine, TACH hits 7000rpms....BUT she no going very fast.....the physical ski is NOT keeping up with the engine.......OK, back off the throttle and try again....getting a little better, try again.....better again......FINALLY....she takes off....engine revving nicely and ski is moving (wind in your hair, all that jazz). Ran it hard for a 1/2 hour, no further issues. This ski is still faster than my 2018 GTI. I did Forward/Reverse (manual handle) a few times too!

Disclosure....my water is 2' below normal and the weeds are bad this year....I thought I was careful to get into clear water before the start but I wonder if she sucked up a good helping of weed anyway and eventually ground them up and spit them out......I did not jump in the water to check as the water is still a tad - CHILLY. No further issues otherwise....

My son drove it last week from the ramp launch, clear water launch and he reported no initial issues (the ski ran like a bat out of hell)....so, I'm thinking my first ride was just a fluke.....However, it's probably time for a pump, wear ring and some back end service at the end of the season.

Sure sounds like you sucked something up and it blew out.

What you were experiencing was bad cavitation and it is not something that fixes itself or goes away if it s a pump or driveline issue.

Yep, that's what I was thinking myself......if she no go, she no go....BUT she eventually went.....
Sure sounds like you sucked something up and it blew out.

What you were experiencing was bad cavitation and it is not something that fixes itself or goes away if it s a pump or driveline issue.
SO, just a fluke in my book......If the driveline/propulsion was compromised in some MATERIAL way, I figured it wouldn't just fix itself.......guess I'm OK for now and I'll need to be more diligent about starting out in clear water......thanks for the confirm.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back