96 Gti idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mwat65

Premium Member
Premium Member
I’m working on a 96 Gti. I have rebuilt the fuel system. OSD kit in the carbs , new lines , new fuel selector. My problem is I can’t get a steady idle(out of the water). I can get about 1800 or about 3500 but it won’t hold in between . It drops back to 1800-2000 after a few seconds.

Sounds like you have an air leak or something wrong in the carb.

It should snap back to idle immediatly, not a hanging idle like yours.

Did you check the pop-off and leakdown when you did the carb?
Did you replace the nedle and seat?
Didi you change the needle arm spring?

Haven’t checked pop off yet. Have to get my gauge back tomorrow. Loaned it out. New needles and seats. Reused the black springs. I think your right on the air leak. I’ll tear them back down and check popoff. I rebuilt them exactly like you do in your carb rebuild thread. Usually don’t have any problems.

Check the carb to intake gasket. I have seen them slip out of alignment and leak air.

Will do . Gonna pull the carbs anyway. I did have some trouble getting the seats in. It was almost like they were too big.

You were spot on with the carb base gasket. One gasket looked crinkled when I pulled the carbs. I put new ones on and she purrs nicely now. Thank you for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back