96 Challenger Ride Plate

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

nbodnar

Does anyone have any pictures of the back end of their 96 challenger single 787 engine. I am installing the reverse gate and the speed sensor and they won't fit together. Want to make sure I got the setup right. I suspect the ride plate may be bent upward slightly. Did anyone ever have this problem? Can't find pics anywhere.

Thank you for the pics. Was wonder the measurement from the bottom of the swim platform to the edge of the ride plate straight down. My in exactly 16inches. I’m wondering if the ride plate is bent upward. See attached pics on how the reverse gate housing won’t fit onto jet pump because the speed sensor is in the way. Am I correct that housing is supposed to sit over top the speed sensor?

Attachments

• C1FD9AD9-E20F-4693-BDAE-5D63C752326D.jpeg
    C1FD9AD9-E20F-4693-BDAE-5D63C752326D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 16
  • 8D889E92-42CF-4132-B325-2270B6711242.jpeg
    8D889E92-42CF-4132-B325-2270B6711242.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
Try installing the speed sensor after the nozzle and reverse bucket. Should be able
to slide it into ride plate slot, and screw it right down.

That "composite looking" piece in first pic--between pump housing and reverse bucket--
doesn't look right...should be an aluminum casting (with internal vertical vane, as in vission's
second pic ), with arm on starboard side, to connect to steering cable.

Last edited:
Try installing the speed sensor after the nozzle and reverse bucket. Should be able
to slide it into ride plate slot, and screw it right down.

That "composite looking" piece in first pic--between pump housing and reverse bucket--
doesn't look right...should be an aluminum casting (with internal vertical vane, as in vission's
second pic ), with arm on starboard side, to connect to steering cable.
Agreed your correct. Previous owner had this set up this way. I think we found the problem and we just need to notch out the lower right corner of the bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back