96 Challenger 787 MPEM Bad?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Potts08

I bought a 96 challenger with a 787 motor last year. It ran perfectly all summer and then me and my friends decided it was a good idea to submarine it.... totally fun but not so great of an idea it seems now.... after we came back up we started getting water out of the boat and when we were almost done my friend opened up the compartment in the center of the floor in the boat (not sure why) and all the water went rushing into it... a little after that the boat sounded like it was slowly stalling and then finally did stall... we paddled back to my cabin and there was no spark so i took it to my nearest seadoo dealership(3 hours drive away)... after charging me insane amounts of money to check the problem and winterize it (as it was the end of summer anyways) they told me the MPEM was bad... so im just wondering before i pay them the 1500.00+ is this the problem???

Last edited by a moderator:
You will have to start with the compression and other tests to see if this is worthwhile on a motor that never had a chance to run out the moisture from places inside where it causes rusting in a 2-4 day period - I smell a new engine in your future, keep the paddles on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back