96 bombardier SPI 587 carb removal and rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike R

Hello, the Local mechanic who was going to rebuild my carb has disappeared from fb marketplace. I purchased the genuine mikuni kit, and new hose, fuel and oil injection filter, along with new fuel selector switch.
looks like I will be tackling this project myself.
Are there any threads with detailed carb removal instructions? I’m mechanically inclined, but have never worked on jet ski or carbs, any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Mike

If you have an understanding of carbs just take them off and rebuild.

Each is held on by two hex head screws however you must remove the air box first.

On my first removal I used a paint pen to mark which hose went to which fitting. Not really needed but it can give you some peace of mind.

It's all pretty straight forward. Just make sure to do a little searching on pop off.

Never rebuilt one, but I think I will be alright with the rebuild, my worry is getting the linkage correct when reinstalling, I will either use same spring or just make a pop off tester, I did see that somewhere on here.

Thanks for the input, the carb rebuild thread is perfect, going to tackle the carb removal and rebuild next week,
2 questions, I did not order new carb to manifold gasket, and also new needle and seats, which ones/part numbers are the correct genuine mikuni parts for my 96 Spi with 587 motor?
Thanks, Mike

Success! Removed carb!
thank you for your help and tips.

Attachments

• 31758D93-D54F-477B-B87A-BF9122E7CC09.jpeg
    31758D93-D54F-477B-B87A-BF9122E7CC09.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back