951 in a '97 SPX ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidoo

My buddy has a '97 SPX and a '99 GSX Limited. The SPX is geat fun turning, but needs the low-end power of the GSX to come out better.
I am new to skis but not engines. I fully realize that things like port work, different pipes, or in jet skis different impellers for example, all will produce a change, but you are just moving the powerband up or down the rev range, or the best performance up or down the speed range.
I know there is "no replacement for displacement". That being said, I could not find in a search: How about replacing the 787 with a 951?
What would this project involve? Would it bolt in? Need a different pump? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, I just can't find any reference to this swap.
Thanks, Mike

My buddy has a '97 SPX and a '99 GSX Limited. The SPX is geat fun turning, but needs the low-end power of the GSX to come out better.
I am new to skis but not engines. I fully realize that things like port work, different pipes, or in jet skis different impellers for example, all will produce a change, but you are just moving the powerband up or down the rev range, or the best performance up or down the speed range.
I know there is "no replacement for displacement". That being said, I could not find in a search: How about replacing the 787 with a 951?
What would this project involve? Would it bolt in? Need a different pump? I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this, I just can't find any reference to this swap.
Thanks, Mike

My 97SPX has re jetted carbs and Aftermarket Air Filters on it... It is great out of the Hole.... With VTS all the way up... i can pull it all the way out of the water until the intake sucks air... ( If i time it right before it sucks air and repeat i can get it completely out of the water) Like pulling wheelies on a bike.. :) I have not drivin the 951 but cant imagine needed anymore than the 110HP this SPX has..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back