951 DI hole in piston

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dtracer508

So I've got two 2001 GTX 951 DI's and both of them started running badly so I checked compression and they both lost all compression on the front cylinder. I tore them both down and they both have a hole on the top of the piston. What could have caused this? My first thought was bad injector or the oil wasn't mixing right. Also looking for somewhere to send my cylinders to see if they can bore them out and tell me what pistons to get. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2836.jpg
    IMG_2836.jpg
    374.5 KB · Views: 14
I'm not one to recommend going overboard but these engines are 22 years old unless it has been rebuilt. With that kinda damage to the piston and metal in the engine the only safe thing to do is a total rebuild. How where your oil lines? Could be the oil check valve. I always send out the air and fuel injectors for cleaning. Good Luck !

Thanks for the reply. The bottom end looks to be in pretty good shape I’ll change the crankcase oil but I don’t have the money right now to do full build. I’ll check those things when I get home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back