951 carburator fuel flow.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

drjack

While I'm waiting for answers to an earlier posting, I am checking the fuel flow system of our 951 carburetor machine. Removed the return line from the fuel tank and placed it in a jar. Then removed the pulse line and added a manual hand pump to simulate the pulsing action. There seems to be a bit of fuel dribbling out of the return line, and it's the same with either fuel selector position (Res/off/ normal).
Curious how much fuel flow should be moving through the carburetors? The carbs were fully rebuilt last summer, with Mikuni kits but I'm interested to know there's plenty of fuel supplied avoiding a risk of starvation or lean fuel conditions.

Not sure what the flow is but as long as the selector is new and strainer is clean you’ll be fine. Using a hand pump won’t tell you anything.

Your test would probably work better if you used the motor to pulse the fuel pump however fuel coming out of the return at any rate dosent tell you it's going I'm the motor correctly. Plug chops would be what gives me the warm fuzzy feeling that it's not lean.

So, what's the difference between an OEM fuel switch at $93 as opposed to any other replacement 3way 5/16" fuel switch selling for $20 on EvilBay?
Seriously...

Last edited:
The aftermarket ones are typically junk and suck air after a short time, lean out the engine and seize it before you notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back