951 air compressor

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

IMG_1789.JPG
Can somebody help me with the shop manual text for a 2003 rxdi. I am trying to assemble the air compressor and the first direction for the crankpin bushing is to have the grooved end next to the screw head, then below it says to put it next to the counterweight. I am assuming this is a mistake. Does anyone know which way it goes? I attached page.

I'd call an engine shop. You don't want to get this wrong. Almost looks like the Screw needs to come IN from the other side of the counterbalance. Good Luck.

It looks like the mating hole of the counterweight is damaged, and some of the old bushing broke off in it when the air compressor blew. Can I just split the bottom half of the crankcase and replace the counterbalance shaft, and not disturb the top half? The engine was recently rebuilt and running well, until the air compressor went south. I am hoping that I can just split the bottom half, and leave top half alone, is that possible?

It was corrected in the 2004 manual

Attachments

• compressor crank pin position.JPG
    compressor crank pin position.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 11
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back