95 XP starting issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jekfl

My XP sat for 10 years. I just rebuilt the carbs using genuine kits, replaced the 3/32 oil lines, primed the oil lines, changed the fuel filter. Changed the fuel lines. I did not replace the needle and seats because they weren’t in the kit, but they were replaced right before it sat. I did check them and the needle tips didn’t appear to be worn or anything.

After all of that, it ran fired right up and ran good on the trailer (yes connected water to it) Then, put it in the water and it fired right up and ran for a bit until it shut off. I realized I forgot to turn the gas on. So then, I turned the gas on and now it won’t start. It turns over but won’t start.

Confirmed it’s getting a strong spark. I put a little premix in the plug holes and it tried to fire up but didn’t fully start.

Is it a carb issue?

Any help is appreciated!

Is it a carb issue?

I did the same exact thing my very first time out on my 97' GTX, it did take a few tries after I turned the fuel back on. I don't think I'd conclude a carb problem just yet, but personally I would have changed the needle/seats and verified pop off.

Thank you. I also realized I think I put the diaphragms above the needle and seat in upside down. Gonna pull it back apart today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back