95 xp broken oil line need help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnsnelbon

So I got around to replacing the gray fuel lines on my xp and noticed that there was a little semi clear tube by the carbs on each side going from the oil injection pump I tho the engine. Looking closer I saw that one of these lines a cracked right up against where it goes into the engine how do I replace this? How do I get the clamps off and then the new ones back on?

Are you talking about the small weed-eater size lines? Sounds like it, but not sure.

You can get 3/32" ID tube at home depot in the plumbing department, it's a 10' roll out hit a lawn mower repair shop. Just slide the clamps back. Replace the line and use cable ties to hold the new ones on. Pour a cap fill of 2 stroke oil down each carb, start the ski and hold the oil pump lever wide open with you hand. This will prime the lines.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Good advice, this would also be a good time to change your oil filter, also take it from experience, one a 717 it's well worth the time and trouble to remove the air box and carburetors to do this job. You don't have to remove the carbs., just remove the mounting bolts and lay them in the hull.

Lou

Ok so I replaced them today and she won't run. It stars with starting fluid spits tons of white smoke and then dies

I've made the same mistake.. Did you prime those new lines like [MENTION=57920]racerxxx[/MENTION] mentioned?

I tried starting it and holding the oil pump wide open but I still don't see any oil in the two little lines idk if it wasn't running long enough or the pumps bad I can see the oil return line the comes off the other side of the motor and the oil in that hasn't moved at all sence it got the ski does that mean my pump is no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back