95 SP Rotary gear removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Premium Member
Premium Member
I’ve tried multiple snap ring plier brands, different shapes and sizes and can’t get the C clip removed. The engine is in the ski. I have bought the rotary gear removal tool , but need to remove the C clip first. Can the C clip be spun around somehow so the pin holes are toward the top of the engine? I’m thinking if I can find this tool it will be easier to remove the C clip?
7c7046f3f7a5fc27b0c08a8282effbc7.jpg

You can turn the PTO and the rotary valve gear or valve neither turn. So I’m guessing the brass gear is stripped. I wanna see how bad the damage is. I’m sure I’ll be splitting the case to clean up brass fragments.

Got the c clip off the rotary gear and pulled it right out. I’ll get my scope and look around the casing and see what kind of mess I have. The brass gear is intact but shaved toward its outer edge

You need to split the cases and check the crank gear and get everything cleaned out. I would order a complete WSM gasket kit.

PWC Muscle here can hook you up with the gaskets and rotary shaft parts and I think they offer a Forum discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back