95 gtx won't stay running

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NickCawks

Morning guys.

I'm trying to get my 95 gtx running and it's giving me some trouble.

It was running good all summer, probably put about 10 hours on it. The last ride I had it out for it would be running great then kind of stutter. And I'd have to push through the stutter and it would run fine. During these issues I would immediately take it to shore and check the plugs which were never too hot and seemed to be a good color.

Shortly after this started happening my wife was putting around me as I was trying to get my other ski back to shore while it was taking water on.

The GTX then just died on her and wouldn't start again. At the time I had an idea that I was having fuel delivery issues. In specific I was pretty sure it was the fuel selector.

To troubleshoot this I pulled the airbox off and tried to start it. It seemed that it was pretty dry in the carbs.

Fast-forward to now. I went ahead and replaced the fuel selector as it was pretty much the only original part left in the fuel system.

I attempted to start it with the airbox off again and sure enough it was getting fuel again.

Now I'm at the point where it is delivering fuel and will start when I pull the choke, I push the choke back in and it starts for about 5 seconds then dies. To try and combat this I went through the same procedure then gave it some throttle to try and keep it on but pulling the throttle kills it even quicker.

I just wanted some info on what I need to be looking at. The carbs were freshly rebuilt using mikuni parts about 10 hours ago and have been running good until this issue.

Could be airlocking - check the one way vents. I just cleaned mine and they were full of old fuel line goop and dirt.

Compression good?
Also check your big exhaust hose isn't floppy. They implode.

Good luck !

I went to check the compression s couple days ago when I wanted to winterize it but the battery decided it has had enough so I gave up on compression testing for the moment

I'll just go ahead and get some new check valves for the vents ordered. This ski was my budget ski so anything I didn't absolutely have to do didn't get done. But hey I got about 25 hours on a ski that cost me $700 to buy and get running so no complaints.

If you suspect the vents arent working right, you can probably unscrew the gas cap to test (temporarily).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back