95 GTX Piston Broke

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
PTO cylinder looks like the piston ring caught the port. Bore size is within tolerance but I did notice that whoever bored the cylinders did not champfer the ports very well. Where do the piston pieces end up when this happens? Do I need to pull the Rotary Valve cover??

I would pull it and check it out for piece of mind. Hopefully it blew it out the exhaust . You will have to flush the exhaust out good piece by piece. You don’t want it stuck in there somewhere. A lot of times it ends up smashed into your dome on your head.

I have everything off the engine waiting on parts. I have the little camera that fits on my cell phone I can look around with. That thing is amazing but still.... I am considering pulling the rotary valve. Cylinder bores had plenty of oil, no scarring just normal wear. They only need a hone job. I will check the exhaust thoroughly thanks !!

Also check piston for locating pin. Have seen pins come out and create a mess. Then ring spins and expands and gets caught in ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back