94 speedster scupper valve issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheflen

On my 94 speedster I’m having issues with taking on water pretty quickly when idling or sitting. If I idle or sit for about 15 minutes my feet will be pretty covered in water. When I plane out it will start to go out the scupper valve. I do have a bilge pump to keep up with it but it is just leaking way too fast. I can’t seem to find the scupper valve on this. I can see to the right side of the jet pumps there is two openings behind a metal cover but when I feel inside those two openings I don’t feel any valve, they are just open. Anybody know where the scupper valve is on this or where I can get a new one?

this topic actually comes up...a lot.

i hope the west marine unit is a lot better than the factory seadoo version. i purchased a new one a couple years ago from the dealer (i think the price was about 50-60 bucks) and i have to say it isn't worth a pecker's damn. the problem with mine is that the gasket has a little "foreskin" built into it that the ball is supposed to seal against when you are resting in the water and not on plane. unfortunately, that orifice is apparently too tight and the ball does not fit into it properly-thus it does not seal. water would also leak into my cockpit. my solution so far has been to just push the ball tightly into the foreskin. the good news is that it seals off the scupper from water getting in, but the bad news is that it also seals water from getting out.

also, your bilge pump is (or at least should be) irrelevant to water getting in the cockpit. presumably, your ski locker door is designed to seal water from going into your bilge.

this topic actually comes up...a lot.

i hope the west marine unit is a lot better than the factory seadoo version. i purchased a new one a couple years ago from the dealer (i think the price was about 50-60 bucks) and i have to say it isn't worth a pecker's damn. the problem with mine is that the gasket has a little "foreskin" built into it that the ball is supposed to seal against when you are resting in the water and not on plane. unfortunately, that orifice is apparently too tight and the ball does not fit into it properly-thus it does not seal. water would also leak into my cockpit. my solution so far has been to just push the ball tightly into the foreskin. the good news is that it seals off the scupper from water getting in, but the bad news is that it also seals water from getting out.

also, your bilge pump is (or at least should be) irrelevant to water getting in the cockpit. presumably, your ski locker door is designed to seal water from going into your bilge.
I see those first few replies that show the ball scupper valve that everyone sent, but I do not see anything like that on my boat, the only “holes” on the back of the boat are smaller than that, the same size as the water output for the engine cooling lines. So maybe they don’t have a scupper valve in the 94 speedster? And about the bilge pump, the water fills up so high in the cockpit that it pours into the little hole of the ski locker where you would open it and that makes its way into the bilge, and that is why I’m concerned

There should be a device shaped very much like what luecke posted a couple entries above. Probably it is black and located on the upper right side of your transom. Perhaps yours is missing and therein lies the problem? Is there evidence of 4 screw holes in a concentric pattern around any of the orifices on your transom? Can you trace the corrugated hose from the drain hole in the bottom right of your cockpit to the transom?

I got tired of wet feet snd tried a big cork which worked on the inside hole but finally decided to plug the scupper hull hole and run it into the bilge.

All of my 14' Seadoo boats have had this style scupper.
IMG_20200707_091149802.jpg

Even when they are new they still seem to seep a bit of water, so I use a ProGrip plug in the cockpit drain when the boat is just floating. Works great
Screenshot_20200707-091014.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back