91 SP Engine into 93 SPX Twin Carb

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

FishWashington

just got the aforementioned PWCs from a coworker with the hopes of putting the engine from the SP into the SPX, i have the carbs and the part the carbs mount to in the SPX as well as the electronics box, will i be able to bolt the engine from the SP into the SPX? This will be a winter project, so hoping to have a running ski by next summer to enjoy the water.40562562_3071666049525765_6334111295901532160_n.jpg

good to know, is there a gasket that goes in between the block and the carb mount? the part that has three holes with a gear in the center one? Also any thing to replace or check whilst I have the engine out?

There is an o-ring there.

If it was mine I would pressure test the engine for air leaks.

Thank you for your help, ill get an oring ordered and replace it when I put the other carb setup on it, along with a carb rebuild. They look clean on the outside but I know better than that,lol

So i ran into a snag, upon digging i noticed that the electris are different in the 93 and i dont have the magneto assembly for the 93. I dont want to and its bad jew jew, but the newer one has the title i might just have to put the hin tag from the new one to the old one and change the reg number over. Im a little screwed i think.20180902_165705.jpg

no engine in the other ski, if i can get this running ill use it. dont need anything raz, just something to kick around the lake with. But could I put the twin carbs on the 91?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back