90' GT Carb rebuild continues............

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
What else is rotating behine the intake manifold besides the shaft that turns the oil pump gear and the oil pump? Because there is circular scarring on the internal side of the intake manifold. What goes between the intake manifold and the engine?

Attachments

• IMG00149-20100116-0829.jpg
    IMG00149-20100116-0829.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00150-20100116-0829.jpg
    IMG00150-20100116-0829.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG00151-20100116-0829.jpg
    IMG00151-20100116-0829.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 8
Oh no, well that's not good. I was worried that would be said. So, I'll figure out the timing thing by searching these forums, or I'll beg here!! LOL But is it normal for it to be contacting and severely scarring the intake manifold?

Now i have to go figure out where the hell this aleged rotary valve is, cause i didn't see it, and i didn't here anything fall.........hmmm......

Scratch #5, or, I'm a new jack and i didn't see the LARGE, BLENDED IN, GRAY ROTARY VALVE hanging out on the shaft!!!

sorry ,been busy
dam olde sneaky valve hiding on you!!
and yes, the marks are normal
the valve gets pushed and pulled against the two sides, the intake cover and the engine case , as the engine goes thru its cycles
intake and compression.
from what i see in your pics, things look ok
if you remove the rotary valve, mark its postion
because it needs to be timed correctly to the crank shaft
mud

Thanks mud, I got it back together, and it took a while for it to get going right, maybe 5-10 minutes of trial and error. But now it runs, but, it'll accelerate rapidly on it's own. I haven't put her in the water to try but, i think something isn't right. What do you think?

did the carb rebuild go ok ?
sounds like maybe the ski is running lean
lean is not good ,cause this will make her run hot
also did you check the carb sync, the rod that connects the two carbs
low speed fuel screws set proper?
how is the rest of the fuel system, valve ,filter ect
good luck
mud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back