800xp not starting properly

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Millermagoo

I have a 97 800xp rolled it few weeks ago now it refuses to start unless you pull the rear plug out start it on one cylinder turn it off then put other plug in it will run but if I turn it off I have to repeat those steps ?? It's not hydrolocked no milky fluids on the plugs ? Thanks !

As Dr. Honda said, battery, cables, starter or solenoid. Something is causing the voltage to be too low to crank under full compression.

Because the com, and brushes in the starter polished themselves, and you get just a tiny extra "Umph" to push. But after it starts... then the brushes arch, and add resistance.

Pull the starter, rebuilt it... clean all the contacts on the cables... make sure the battey is good.

You could be getting oil on top of the piston. Pull both plugs and turn it over to see if you get some oil out of there. It doesn't take much. It is a quick easy check and you want to rule that out. This would mean the crank seals are leaking..... I have had a few skis do this. Once you clear the oil they do great. A little bit of oil and they are NOT gonna turn over.

Do a test on the battery. I had a brand new battery that just wouldn't get it done and I didn't test it. Cost me a week and a lot of work replacing starters, checking grounds, and components. The battery was so bad it would drain the voltage when I connected a 1000cca battery to mine. I was shocked. Check and clean your grounds.

Alright folks I've checked over my grounds I've put a new starter in and still having the same problem I'll check for oil on top of pistons hopefully today if I pull the rear plug it will fire and run on the front plug then turn it off throw the other plug in and it will start up fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back